The internal program of the Oku Desk laser engraver (also known as "firmware") can be updated to add new functions and fix errors.
To do this easy operation, we will follow these steps:
- We go to the Downloads area of NomadTech's website and we download the update file from the Oku Desk section, as we can see in the following image:
- We change the filename of the downloaded file to firmware_okudesk.bin and we put it into a USB stick, in the root (it means it won't be inside any folder). The filename must be exactly as shown or it will not work.
- We insert the USB stick into the Oku Desk and we go to this option in the User Interface:
- After clicking on the "Continue" button, if the machine detects the file correctly, the update procedure will begin. We will see a green bar filling the screen until the update finishes.
- If everything works as expected, we will see a last confirmation message telling us the update has finished.
- After succesful update, we should turn off the machine, wait 5 seconds and turn it on again.
Just after turning it on, the screen will be white for a few seconds, it's normal. After them, it will start as always.
- Now we will see the start logo with the new version number at start:
The machine is now updated and can be used normally.